Thursday, March 16, 2006

Introductions: Justin Whitaker

Hello everyone.

Hopefully everyone will be able to sign in and give updates on life soon. Here is what I have been up to:

I returned to Montana last August, after one last journey to London with Soorjya (pictures) August 8. I began studies for a MA in Philosophy in Montana in September, but still had to finish my thesis for Bristol! Early in September I went to Tucson, Arizona to see the Dalai Lama. Only in the end of October did I finish my dissertation for Bristol.

Then in January, when it was freezing cold in Montana, I took a week-long trip to Hawai'i for vacation and to present my dissertation at a conference. During the conference I was notified via email that my degree would be awarded 'with distinction' (I don't normally believe in miracles, but this may be an exception) which made me extremely happy.

All the while, Ana (also from Hodgkin House!) and I kept in touch with emails and she decided to come to Montana to visit, which also made me extremely happy. So now, in one week (almost) Ana will be here and we will travel around the US a bit. Other than that, I am busy working on my (2nd) MA, thinking about where I can go for a 3rd :) or maybe for a Ph.D. London looks good, and so do California and Hawai'i, but we'll see.

That's about it. I keep up another blog (see the list on the right) with my musings on Buddhism, Philosophy, Politics, and my life - so feel free to drop by there. Hopefully everyone will be able very soon to post here about what they are doing too! Best wishes, and I miss you all!